by Laura Baker
February 17-28, 2020
Prerequisite: For greatest benefit, please come prepared with a story idea, not a finished manuscript, to use for brainstorming. Also, please see the movie Jerry Maguire as close as possible to the beginning of class.
The acclaimed method for creating a story they can’t refuse is back — condensed to two weeks, focusing on the acclaimed Character Grid. Create three-dimensional characters, sustainable conflict, and a plot that escalates to wrenching black moments. This process has been the path for many unpublished writers to finally start selling and is used by bestselling authors to broaden and deepen their stories. Bring this magic to YOUR book! Receive personal attention and brainstorm on your own story with critically-acclaimed, award-winning author Laura Baker. (Turning points, subplots and secondary characters, including villains, get their own focus in May’s four-week class.)
- Learn what Inciting Incident catapults your story into compelling drama
- Create sustainable conflict that escalates within a tight, interwoven plot
- Use Character Flaw to compel the story
- Create visceral connections between plot and characters
- Broaden the scope of your story with theme
- Hook your readers with escalating stakes and emotions
Laura has over two decades of experience as a writer, teacher, and coach. Her national award nominations include the National Reader’s Choice and the RITA, and her articles have been published in the Writer’s Digest and newsletters across the country.
$65 per class ($60 if paid by check) at Register
For Paypal click below: