by Patricia Kay
June 5-30, 2017
Prerequisite: Must have completed at least one full manuscript and have a work in progress
Do your scenes need help? Do you feel a lot of your scenes drag or seem to have no purpose? Do you do fine with action scenes but have problems with emotional scenes or vice versa? Do you want to learn how to write the most compelling, dramatic, exciting scenes possible? In this class, you’ll study various types of scenes and the components necessary to make sure each scene does the job it’s supposed to do. The course will be interactive, with a combination of lessons, homework, and class discussion.
- Not all scenes are equal — and “the test”
- Everything you always wanted to know about prologues
- How much backstory is too much backstory?
- Flashbacks: using them without losing the reader
- Writing the love scene and making it memorable
- Keeping the important action onstage
- Scene assessment and revision are your friends
Patricia Kay is the USA Today bestselling author of more than 50 novels of romance and women’s fiction. An acclaimed teacher, she formerly taught various writing classes at The University of Houston and has given workshops all over the country. She now limits her teaching to online classes. You can learn more about her on her website at www.patriciakay.com.
$90 per class, ($85 if paid by check)
To pay by check click: Register
or for Paypal click the button below: